Thursday, March 19, 2009

We are out...

So I closed the door for the last time on my cute little house in South Weber. On Saturday night Chris and I stood in the driveway and watched the moving truck pull off down the street. That was a scary sight. It was loaded with everything we own, including both of our cars. For a minute there I panicked and second guessed our decision. But I know that it is the right move for us and that we will all be fine. The worst part about this move (besides the many, many hours spent cleaning the house) is how long it is being drawn out. This moving process started in December with Chris moving into his apartment up in WA and will end in June with Baylee joining us up there. That is 7 months of craziness. Too much, I do not recommend this to anyone!
I just wanted to thank those who have helped with this little transition. Especially my Mom who spent two days with me cleaning my house. Boy can Ellen clean! As you all know she is awesome! Thanks Mom :) Also want to thank the two best next door neighbors in the world! Diane and Dana came over and helped me on my final day. I will miss you two way too much. Thank you, thank you, thank you.
Here are some pictures of our completed work. I've already told Chris and I really hope he knows that I am serious, if my new house doesn't look this good when he looks at it on Sunday, he'd better hire a cleaning crew to make it look this good before I get there Tuesday night :)
I am flying up to WA on Tuesday night to meet the movers at my new house and put it in order. Chris can't take the week off of work to supervise and I am sure he doesn't care where everything goes anyway. This way I'll have the house in order for when Josh, Kaity and I arrive in April.
So boring post but I wanted to update you all on what's happening.
One last shout out to Josh who is the best garage sweeper in town, seriously, he swept out the entire garage for me. What a good helper!

4 comments:

Ang said...

How sad and exciting all at once. We will miss you. :)

Kristen said...

Well, I haven't cried since you told me you stupid husband decided to move up in the world and you guys were moving to Seattle. However this one just about put me to tears again. I didn't see your house empty (because apparently I don't know how to clean and wasn't invited) so this was really sad for me. I still think that Kati's room is the coolest room I've ever seen though. And to Josh, that looks like one clean garage T-Bone!

me? said...

sniffle, sniffle. seriously. seeing your house bare is not i sight i enjoyed. best wishes setting up your new digs - and at least i have bay for a little bit longer.

The Provence Family said...

What a process for you guys. This isn't your first rodeo, I know you will be fine. Good Luck!