Baylee turns 16 this summer and Grandma Bissenden collaborated with us in getting her a car. Bobby McGee (Baylee named the car) was a surprise as you can tell by these pics.


Baylee had no idea this was going to happen. I had convinced her that there was just no way we'd be able to get her one and so she and I would have to share "Dora the Explora". We bought the car last month and have been hiding it at various friends houses. At one point it sat in front of our house but she thought it was the neighbors. One Sunday we had to move the car so we put Kaitlyn in charge of distracting Baylee while Chris and I got into the car and moved it. As soon as we walked out the door Baylee tried to walk toward the window. Kaitlyn tackled her to stop her from seeing what we were doing. Baylee had no idea what was going on. When Chris and I returned 20 minutes later they were still wrestling on the floor. Kaity was crying and Baylee was soooo mad that Kaity had attacked her, totally out of the blue. We just kinda ignored it which made Baylee even more mad. Way to go Kaity for taking one for the team. The secret was safe and the surprise a hit!
Saturday the girls spent the day shopping while the boys went to the arcade and met up with us for lunch. On Sunday we took a trip to the Naval base and toured an old Naval Ship. We stopped in at Sluys, a famous bakery, in Poulsbo to get doughnuts the size of our heads and had to make a stop at CB's Nuts to get some souvenirs for Chris. It was a packed weekend and I think we are all a bit tired today. But it was fun to have them here for a visit.
2 comments:
The funny part about the surprise tackle is Baylee posted on FB about how her sister tackled her out of no where for no reason, which led to a wrestling match which ended in crying. I laughed about it then and even more now that I know the other side of the story.
Still love looking at these pics :) So awesome. Sounds like a really fun visit. I haven't been to most of the places you mentioned, I might have to check them out!
Post a Comment