Sunday, December 27, 2009

A new camera...

I got a camera a few years ago for my birthday. Chris surprised me with it and I loved it. I've never been real good at capturing our lives before but I really wanted to try. The problem was that it would go through batteries like crazy! I swear after only 5 pictures I'd have to replace the batteries. Needless to say I didn't use it much because it was always out of batteries. Last year for Christmas Baylee got a great camera from her grandparents that was plug-in rechargeable, AWESOME! Poor Baylee would always have to bring it along on family outings for us to capture the moment. I would rarely bother her to load the pics onto the computer for me to blog. Lazy, I know. NO MORE EXCUSES!
I got a real camera this year for Christmas. For you camera people out there it's a Nikon D3000, fancy pants! Much nicer than I need but my hub is tired of my complaints so he went all out:) They are all so sick of me taking pics that they threaten to hide my new toy. I tell you this all with hopes that by admitting it "out loud" I will start to blog. I really need to capture these memories. Here's to a New Year full of journalling via this blog :)

p.s. this is me (on Christmas morning, pardon the look) and my new camera strap 'cause Chris is using the camera to take the pic ;)

3 comments:

McDougal's said...

AWESOME...you will have so much fun with this camera. Hopefully I can be as good as you with the blogging-cause I suck. Have fun with you new toy (when you figure it out let me know mine is a nikon D70 and I am lost. Luckily if we need help JeNeal has one too.

Stephanie said...

I feel like I've heard this all before.......
Only kidding, good luck with the new camera......I look forward to viewing all your captured memories! :)

The Cook Fam said...

Hey hey! I just found your blog from Jess'. I just wanted to say hi and that you are behind on your posting if we are going by your written desires to post more. :) I'll be looking for more!